Er is ook een Nederlandse versie van Holacracy bij Springest
What is Holacracy?
Springest works according to the Holacracy method. Holacracy is a new management model for organisations, whereby authority is distributed in an organic, flat structure with ‘circles’ (teams) and ‘roles’ (defining the responsibilities each team member has). Due to its distributed authority system each employee is empowered to decide how to energise their ‘roles’ and bears the responsibility for its operation.
Holacracy & Springest
Since 2012 Springest has been using Holacracy as a way to grow without the potential barriers of bureaucracy. Due to the dynamic and transparent structure, the organisation is able to stay agile. In Holacracy the mission (purpose) of the entire organisation and the objectives of all activities are central. Tensions and problems cannot be swept under the carpet, but serve as fuel for the development of the organisation. This is done by means of effective meetings, with plenty of room for initiative and influence of all team members.
While introducing Holacracy, Springest was supported by Energized.org – a licensed Holacracy implementation training provider. Energized.org strives for the creation of environments where work becomes liberated from traditional constraints. You can find multiple implementation stories on their blog, one of them is the story of our colleague Debbie
Articles about Holacracy practice at Springest
- Medium: About the continuous evolution of her team, lowered stress-factors and more Holacracy-related topics. Debbie from Springest shares her story.
- Leadership & Change Magazine: Holacracy: a new way of organizing
- Startup Juncture: Holacracy, a strange new management method at Springest at OpenCo
- Medium: 8 challenges to overcome when adopting Holacracy
- HRZone.com: Why you should (not) adopt agile management method Holacracy
Learn more about Holacracy
Here’s what a tactical & governance meeting looks like:
Springest organises Meetups for Holacracy enthusiasts on a regular basis, together with HolacracyOne and Energized.org. Please join the Holacracy Meetup Group to stay informed and participate!